Several months ago one of my best friends and her son were in a horrific car accident. She was side swiped while driving on the highway in Seattle. Her car flipped. The guy that hit her never even stopped to see if she and her son were alive.
Thankfully, my friend was OK. She was banged up, with bruised ribs and a sprained wrist. The real miracle was that her son walked away without a scratch. He was safely strapped into his car seat.
As you can imagine, hearing that my best friend had just been in a car accident left me in tears. I hugged my boys, and then I looked at our own car seat situation. My youngest, who was the same age as her son, was in a good car seat. My oldest was in a bucket booster seat that didn’t even latch into our car. I’d never been comfortable with this option. It was supposed to be temporary. I just got lazy, and we never got a better booster seat. This was over two years ago.
KIDDY CRUISER 3 BOOSTER SEAT
When Kiddy contacted me to check out their new Kiddy Cruiser 3, I knew it was time for a change. Not just because I knew we needed a new booster seat for my 7-year-old son. No, it was because of this company’s 30 year history of making car seats in Germany. Germans know a thing or two about safety and driving. If I was going to finally make an upgrade, I was going all of the way.
Here are just a few of the features:
- Adjustable:The height and width-adjustable backrest grows with the child and is fully customizable to their size. The leg rest can also be adjusted with 5 different positions.
- Maximum side impact protection:The high-tech energy-absorbing “Honey Comb 2” material provides maximum protection to the child’s head and shoulder area.
- Kiddy Shock Absorber:This patented technology absorbs the seat belt force and protects the child in the event of an accident or sudden braking.
- Easy buckle up:The belt routing indicated in red eliminates the risk of misuse no matter who is buckling the child.
- Age and weight limit: Can be used from approx. 3 years (33 lbs) up to the age of 12 (120 lbs).